Opportunities to support Ukrainian historians
The Department of History at the University of Münster offers scholarships for Ukrainian historians who are forced to leave their country. The scholarships consist of 2000,- € per month each for PostDocs and 1350,- € per month each for PhD students (plus family allowance), limited to six months.
We welcome applications from scholars specializing in medieval, early modern, modern and contemporary history. Research proposals may relate to the following topics:
• Contesting Truths
• Migration and Diversity
• The Cold War
• Imperial History
• Nation and Nationalism in the 19th and 20th centuries
• Change of Leadership in Eastern and East Central Europe (1450-1850)
• Region and Regionalism within the Tsarist Empire, 17th to 20th Centuries
• Comparative History of Cities, esp. in Early Modern History
• Farm management, labour and consumption in rural areas, 16th to 19th centuries
Scholars working on other topics are also encouraged to apply if their proposal matches existing research fields of the Department of History.
There is no deadline and no formal application, though we would appreciate a list of publications, if possible a copy of relevant documents and a short abstract about the topic of research.
Please send your application in English or German as pdf to
Prof. Dr. Olaf Blaschke
For information in Ukrainian, please contact:
Dr Liliya Berezhnaya
Historisches Seminar - Abteilung für Osteuropäische Geschichte
Telefon: 0251 / 83 24122 (Secretary)
See also the homepage of the WWU Department of History: https://www.uni-muenster.de/Geschichte/histsem/