Δευτέρα 13 Ιουλίου 2015

Films about witches and witchcraft by Natalie Kononenko



Dear Fellow Folklorists,
I will be teaching a course on folklore and film this coming fall. Most such courses deal with films that at based on folk and fairy tales.  I would like to explore another aspect of folklore subject matter in film and look at portrayals of witches and witchcraft.  I am writing for suggestions.  Which films should I include?  What corresponding readings should I assign?
My own idea for an approach goes as follows: start with a contrast. Look at films that show a person with extraordinary powers who is then accused of witchcraft (Carrie).  Contrast that to films where an ordinary person is accused to making a contract with the devil to gain extraordinary powers (Rosemary's Baby).
What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου